5. Maintenance and repair engineering
Designing solutions for the longevity or development of structures in service is a specialist discipline that is different from designing new structures. It calls on in-depth knowledge in many technical fields. There are no truly appropriate standards or regulatory framework governing this activity.
Any work on an existing structure is a tricky operation requiring very specific expertise and know-how. This is a case of validating the relevance of the work, adapting it to the nature of the pathologies diagnosed, and ensuring respect for the damaged structure. The work planned must satisfy the requirements concerning uninterrupted operation and site constraints, and must be executed under optimum safety conditions in accordance with environmental regulations.
Continuum : partnership and support from project launch through to inspection confirming perfect execution of the work.
ASSISTANCE TO BUILDING OWNERS AND CONSULTING
- Guiding technical solutions and defining quality requirements
- Identifying execution constraints and impacts on operation
- Checking the feasibility of project implementation
- Defining the investigations and audits of the existing structure
- Repair and reinforcement studies
- Defining durability solutions
- Designing development solutions
- Design project management
- Project management for the execution and overseeing of work
- Sprayed concrete, additional prestressing, composite materials
- Galvanic protection, cathodic protection
- Waterproofing, coating